Stoke on Trent - London Road Oatcakes

I normally avoid Little Chefs, but this one was outside an oatcake shop!

I was rather disappointed when I went to Stoke on Sunday, I couldn't find Mick's Grill, which I think is now closed down.

London Road Oatcakes is, not surprisingly, in London Road in Stoke. Be careful, if you ask for directions to Stoke some people will direct you to Hanley!

I have had very few recomendations from readers of this blog, but this one came highly recommended (thanks Kev).

This shop has had new owners last year, but are still using the recipe used by 3 generations of oatcake bakers. I was going to say that they are the best oatcakes in Stoke, but now sadly they are the only oatcakes in Stoke. I went for a cheese and onion for a change as I knew this shop would cook the onions properly on the baxton.

Kev says they also have fruit pikelets to die for!

London Road Oatcakes
232 London Road
Stoke
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
ST4 5RH

Tel: 01782 745059

Comments

Anonymous said…
~these are definately the best oatcakes going. Very few good shops left but Kev took over a year ago and the shop looks nice and clean and friendly..... well worth a visit...
Anonymous said…
Got to be the worst oatcakes I have ever tasted, and the staff need some traing in the art of customer service. Definately wont be visiting again. DISSAPOINTING
Anonymous said…
Living just done the road from this place, I can't see how anyone else has given this a bad review...awesome, and I'm originally from Stoke but now hooked on them!!
Lobby 'n' Oatcakes said…
Oatcakes bore no resemblance to those in the picture. Reminded me of North Staffs "supermarket" oatcakes

Disappointing
Anonymous said…
definetley the best we travel 40 miles each way to obtain them as my wife has allergies

Trans Yorkshire Travel
Anonymous said…
Super great
Anonymous said…
NOT GOOD-THINK ITS CHANGED HANDS, WE USED TO DRIVE 8 MILES FOR JUST OATCAKES- WONT BE GOING BACK.