Hop Pocket Wine Company

Half way between Bromyard and Ledbury, situated in the Hop Pocket Craft Centre, is the Hop Pocket Wine Company.  The shop offers wines, beers, ciders and spirits from the Three Counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.   They have wine from 12 local vineyards and up to 50 real ales.  I love the names of beers from Teme Valley Brewery, they had a bottle of This and That, not to mention Wotever Next:
I bought a bottle of The Hop Novelle.  It's brewed using green First Gold hops grown at Tedney, less than a mile from the brewery. Green hops are picked and then pitched to the beer within an hour of picking to give more aroma and flavour. 

Against my better judgement I bought a bottle of what was billed as "probably the stronest traditionally brewed beer in a bottle" from The Parish Brewery (12% alcohol).  They helpfully told me that it had 6 units of alcohol in a bottle and that 4 is the recommended daily maximum for men, so I shared the bottle with my son....

 They also sell over 70 local ciders and perries:
I bought some Rathays Old Goat Cider and some Brook Farm cider from Wigmore.

They also sell locally produced cider brandies, liqueurs, fruit gins and vodkas and a variety of local apple juices and English cordials.

The Hop Pocket Wine Company 
New House Farm
Bishops Frome 
Herefordshire
WR6 5BT 

Tel: 01531 640592 

Comments