Nottingham

Tom and I went to Nottingham today, the home of Robin Hood (above) who is also available in green (below).
The view from the helicopter provided by my sponsors (o.k. then it was the view from Nottingham Castle):

appeared to indicate a city of large sheds and shopping centres!

Well Nottingham is famous for its Lace:
and of course, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem - the oldest inn in England (dating back to 1189AD):
but is is famous for good food?
This question was easily answered, following a visit to Nottingham's first food and drink festival.
There was everything from Colston Bassett Stilton cheese:
organic vegetables from Eden Farms:
and the ubiquitous (but ever popular) cup cakes:
This was the first Food Festival I'd been too with a sushi bar, - complete with conveyor:
We found some brilliant food here, and some great shops which I'll cover later in this blog.

It's the last day tomorrow, but I'm sure there will be another Nottingham Food and Drink festival.

Comments