Borough Market - Bread and Cakes

It's sad that today many people don't even know what proper bread should taste like. Rhodes Bakery (pictured above) make bread the old fashioned way.

Flour Power City Bakery make their bread using organic flour, salt, yeast and water and nothing else:
There's plenty of stalls selling cakes and biscuits. I was rather taken with the Cinnamon Tree Bakery:who make handmade sweet and savory biscuits, including these attractive cinnamon elephants:
On another stall Flour Power City Bakery had a tower of their ultra chocolate brownies:
Dark Sugars sell tarts like Mississippi pecan tart or red plum and almond tart or sachertorte (yikes my spell checker thinks sachertorte should be school teacher!):
There's meringues a plenty:
For some reason I missed Madame Bertaux when I went to Soho
but with desserts like these at their stall in Borough Market, - I clearly need to go and visit:

Comments