Borough Market - Fruit and Vegetables

As you can see from the pictures, the displays of fruit and vegetables at Borough Market are stunning. All those different tomatoes:
and this celery is clearly fresh:
There's the Gourmet Mushroom Company and Booths selling mushrooms. You could buy ceps, chanterelle, charcoal burner, eryngi, girolle, oyster, mousseron, pied blue, pied du mouton, porcini, Paris brown, portabello, and trompette de la mort mushrooms when I was there!
I love mushrooms but I'm not sure I want to eat something called "trumpet of death", I think horn of plenty is a better name!

There's also a good selection of fresh herbs:
and chillies and olives:
For those who prefer their five a day portions in a glass, the Natural Smoothie Company offers take away smoothies.
In the next post I'll cover the fishmongers at Borough Market.

Comments

Beautiful Pictures!
Can you find Watermelons in England? I read on another blog where Watermelons do not grown in England.

Best
Tracy :)
Bill Pearson said…
You can get watermelons here but honeydew, galia and cantaloupe melons are more popular.