London - Maltby Street Oatcakes

Regular readers of this blog will know that I've a great lover of local and traditional foods. I've a particular interest in gingerbread (see here for a map) and (my wife would say an obsession with) Staffordshire oatcakes (see here for a map).

I've always thought I could make a fortune if I was brave enough to give up my job and start an oatcake shop in somewhere like Euston station.  Until recently if you wanted a proper oatcake in London you needed to jump on a train to Staffordshire, although you can buy mass produced ones in places like Neal's Yard.  However I was delighted to see that in Maltby Street market you can now buy "Staffordshire" oatcakes made with oats from Jacob's Ladder Farms and Mrs Kirham's Lancashire.
KäseSwiss
104 Druid Street
London
SE1 2HQ

Comments