Paris - Ladurée

Occasionally I take a party of students to Paris, to attend a business conference at Di$neyland Paris (formerly known as € Disney, but renamed to encourage the French to use it). It's a venue which I personally wouldn't choose, but I suppose it helps teach the students how monopolies work! I struggle to find food on the park that I regard as healthy, and I resent paying over €20 for a meal that would cost about £5 in a UK pub.

You won't be seeing this "delicatessen":
featured in this blog!

I try and escape, if I get chance, to eat some proper French food.

Last year I did a pilgrimage to Laurent Duchêne.  This year I had hoped to visit some of the Paris markets, but time was very limited. I did have 30 minutes spare in the capital, so on the strength of a recommendation on Twitter decided to literally run to Ladurée, who some say make the best macaroons in France.

We'd already bought some macaroons in a French supermarket, but the Ladurée macaroons were in a completely different league. I visited their branch in St-Germain-des-Prés:
It was a lovely shop, but unfortunately they declined my request to take photos inside the shop, so you'll have to content yourself with a view of the window:
I'd decided to buy some lemon macaroons
and some raspberry macaroons, and a helpful assistant suggested I also try a caramel macaroon:
They all tasted fantastic. They're not the cheapest macaroons I've had, but I'd rather have quality of this standard than loads of cheap ones.

I also bought some cakes, but they got knocked about a bit in my run back to my party:
I had to eat the raspberry one:
before I could photograph it properly, to get my blood sugar up after all that running!  It was superb...


Ladurée Bonaparte  
21 Rue Bonaparte
75006 Paris
France

Tel: +33 1 44 07 64 87 ‎

Web: www.laduree.fr

Comments