Bea's of Bloomsbury


I was walking in London, on a wet and dreary day, when suddenly I walked past this window:
and realised I'd just gone past Bea's of Bloomsbury!  I quickly went back, and into the shop.  Regular readers may remember Bea's was one of the highlights when I went to Maltby Street Market last February.

It was breakfast time when I called, so I could choose from croissants and American breakfast scones:
But this is a place for cakes!  
The owner, chef Bea Vo, was born in Washington D.C., but then moved across the herring pond and was apprenticed to a French patisserie and trained at Le Cordon Bleu.  So in the shop you'll find there's fabulous New York style cheesecake:
Flavours vary, so ask for the day's flavours.  How about this berry cheesecake with passion fruit curd?
You can also try and recreate the cakes at home, with recipe books like Tea with Bea:
Bea's of Bloomsbury 
44 Theobalds Road
London
WC1X 8NW

Tel: 0207 242 8330

Web: www.beasofbloomsbury.com

Comments