The Cheese Place

It was Aumbry Restaurant that first drew my attention to the Cheese Place in Prestwich.  I thought if it's good enough for that Michelin listed, multi award winning restaurant, then I ought to pay them a visit.

It's a modern shop, just half a mile from Junction 17 of the M60, and very close to Prestwich station on the Metrolink.  
They also have a franchise at Boston Spa, which I hope to visit soon.  

Inside the shop:
there's a good range of carefully selected cheeses, like Appleby's Cheshire and Sandham's Lancashire.  

Blue cheeses are kept in a separate fridge:
where Colston Bassett Stilton and Shepherds Purse Yorkshire Blue sit alongside Cabrales and Roquefort.  

There's helpful labels to give you more information: 
and the staff are also cheese lovers!

You need good bread to go with cheese, and they sell bread from Barbakan Bakery which is always good:
There's also a nice range of things to go with cheese, I'd not heard of Cheshire Relish Sauce before:
It's made by Just like it used to be.

If you want something to drink there's beers from Irwell Works Brewery.co.uk
There's much more in this lovely shop - I think you better go yourself as I've bound to have missed something important!

The Cheese Place
Unit 6
Radius Building
Prestwich
M25 1AY

Tel: 0161 425 7975

Web: www.thecheeseplace.co.uk

Comments