Bakewell - Smyllies Fruit & Veg

I always get excited when British cherries are in season. These cherries from Gushmere Court Farm tasted delicious. I'm sure if there were more shops selling fresh fruit & veg, like Smyllies in Bakewell where I bought these cherries, we'd have have a happier and healthier population.

We're also enjoying fresh runner beans:
  and peaches, plums and nectarines:
and, it goes without saying, fresh British strawberries:
This lovely shop also sells Derbyshire Oatcakes
and a range pickles etc.:
for a cheap and tasty tea. 

A nice touch is a suggested recipe on a board behind the till:
But speaking personally, I just have to look at the fruit and vegetables here to get all the inspiration that I need!

Smyllies Fruit & Veg
1 Market Street
Bakewell
Derbyshire
DE45 1HG

Tel: 01629 814971

Comments