Norwich - Two Magpies Bakery

 I had been wating to visit the Two Magpies Bakery, ever since I first saw them doing very well in the Finals of ITV's Britains Best Bakery in 2014. Last year I visited their first bakery shop in Southwold, and also this rather fine Baker's Shop and Café in Norwich.

 Inside the shop there's a counter full of lots of exciitng things;

and a nice place to eat you food:

I'd come here for their Sourdough:

but found it was difficult not to get seduced by all of their wide range of bakery products. The Rosemary and Sea Salt Focassia was wonderful:

Their Matcha and Raspberry Financiers wereinteresting, a light cake, made with green tea and topped with a sweet raspberry icing.


Who could resist these Caramelised Pecan Tarts?

In the café I enjoyed Pesto, Spinach & Gruyere Baked Eggs, with their toasted Sourdough.

The staff were very pleasant and friendly. My only complaint is that they don't have branches nearer to where I live!

Two Magpies Bakery
27-29 Timberhill,
Norwich
Norfolk
NR1 3LA

Tel: 01603 613172

Web: www.twomagpiesbakery.co.uk

Comments