Liverpool - Lark Lane Farmers Market

Liverpool is European Capital of Culture, this year so I thought I ought to have some posts from Merseyside.

Farmers Markets are held in Liverpool as follows:-
  • The second Saturday of each month Woolton Village
  • The third Sunday of each month Hope Street
  • The fourth Saturday of each month Lark Lane
All are 9.00am - 2.00pm.
So yesterday I set of to Lark Lane. It's very near Sefton Park (which confusingly is at the the other end of Liverpool to Sefton)! I'd no idea that there's such a large green area in Liverpool, just over a mile from Toxteth.

I thought it was a really nice market. There's too many stalls to mention them all, but I'll mention some of my favourites.

One stall was selling monkfish tails for £1.50 each, which I thought was a bargain.

Mrs Kirkham's Lancashire cheese were present, -my favourite producer of Lancashire cheese. Also selling fine cheese were the Liverpool Cheese Company, both will be the subject of later posts.

Ricky the butcher, from Lomber Hey Farm was there selling Boerewors (South African sausages) and other food inspired from around the world but made on the farm near Stockport

Lucio Corciulo, from Nonna Teresa was selling fresh hand made pasta and sauces. He gave me a useful tip for cooking his ravioli, don't boil it too fast. Because pasta cooks incredibly quickly I always think it should be a galloping boil and then wonder why the filling comes out of ravioli.

Peter Tofalos from Llangollen was selling his award winning fudge.

Web: http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Leisure_and_culture/Markets/Farmers_market

Comments