Hale

Just south east of Altrincham, Hale used to be in Cheshire but now is in Greater Manchester.

I went to Hale recently to see if the excellent Durig Swiss Patisserie was still on Broomfield Lane. This firm used to make excellent quiches, cakes and swiss chocolates and sell raspberry vinegar like my mother used to make. Sadly this business appears to have disappeared without trace, does anyone know if it trades elsewhere?

On Ashley Road, Hale I stumbled across As Nature Intended an organic supermarket (pictured above). This firm has several stores in London and is looking to expand. I was disappointed when I went in, for instance the potatoes were labelled red or white - I'm not colour blind and would have liked to have known the variety. Personally I would rather shop in the Unicorn Grocery.

Comments

Dan Durig said…
Hi,
My name is Dan Durig, I was the son of the owner and worked in the business for many years before leaving to open a chocolate business in Lausanne, Sad to hear that the people who bought the place didn't manage to carry on!