Marton

The offer that wasn't and the unexpected bargain
I went to Marks and Spencers today, having collected vouchers offering a 50% saving when I bought 2 Gastropub meals. The shelves were virtually bare (even thought it was still lunchtime) and a sign saying that due to "unexpected demand" they had a shortage of this range. So I came away without my bargain. I nearly bought myself a bunch of daffodils there, but was glad I didn't as I later saw better ones in Congleton market 60% cheaper.

Anyway to Marton. Marton is a small village on the A34 road 3 miles (5 km) north of Congleton. The 14th century church of St James and St Paul claims to be the the oldest timber-framed church still in use in Europe and is well worth a visit. Just a few yards north is Marton village shop.

The shop sells fruit and vegetables, ready meals, home made sweet and savoury pies and some frozen food (e.g. croissants). I think they used to make their own ice cream but now they sell Cheshire Farm ice cream. Anyway whilst paying for my goods I decided to buy a copy of Delicious magazine. The lady offered me free copies of the two previous issues. That was a bargain, I'll go back to that shop!

Church Farm
Marton
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 9HF

01260 224344

Comments