Nantwich Farmers Market

I nearly decided to call this post "The Tale of Two Farmers Markets". I was going to see my Mum (who lives in Yorkshire) today, and despite advice to the contrary decided I could go to Nantwich Farmers Market AND Colne Farmers Market!

Anyway I got to Nantwich well before 9 o'clock and as a result many of my favourite stall holders were not set up. Hence the photograph shows just 3 stalls (there's far more than that) which were set up nice and early. As I've now run out of apples from my own tree (variety Chivers Delight, which I would highly recommend) I bought some apples from the Eddisbury Fruit Farm stall. Full marks to Eddisbury Fruit Farm for turning up; they have a farmers market on their own premises on the third Saturday of each month (Nantwich is usally the last Saturday). I have very happy memories of eating freshly cooked asparagus at the farmers market at Eddisbury Fruit Farm in the spring and hope to return there soon.

I bought some Crispin apples (very nice) and Kidds Orange (not tried yet) and some Bramleys.

They also sell nice apple juice and jams.

http://www.eddisbury.net

I'll cover the other farmers market (Colne) tomorrow.

Comments