Chester - Joseph Benjamin

I first came across Joseph Benjamin at Chester Food Festival where they won best newcomer last year. They were handing out nice samples and I picked up a card with a view to visiting their shop. The next time I was in Chester I went looking for the shop and nearly missed it! It's a restaurant and delicatessen at the top of Northgate tucked away right by the Chester's city walls. If you've never been to Chester, a circular walk around the city walls is a good way of getting a different view of the city.

It's run by two brothers, Ben and Joe Wright (hence the name). Joe has won the Cheshire young chef of the year award five times so you know the food is going to be good.

Anything labelled home made is made by them on the premises. They don't have a vast number of lines, but what they sell is excellent. I bought some chorizo sausage, some onion jam, and some very nice croissants and carrot cake.

I've not yet eaten in the small intimate restaurant, but it's on my list of things to do!

Incidentally this year's Chester Food Festival starts on the 14th March 2008, with the main Taste Festival over the Easter weekend, so make a note in you diary!

Joseph Benjamin
140 Northgate Street
Chester
CH1 2HT

Tel : 01244 344 295

Web: http://www.josephbenjamin.co.uk

Email: info@josephbenjamin.co.uk

Comments