Newcastle - Castle Oatcakes

The first point to make is we're talking about Newcastle-under-Lyme and not Newcastle upon Tyne. The government recently paid Newcastle-under-Lyme £2.8 million gants that should have gone to Newcastle upon Tyne, and are now asking for the money back!

I thought it was quite early when I got to this shop, but could see they were cooking 14 oatcakes. I then found that they open Wednesday to Sunday at 5:00am! You can get a boxed Oatcake Special (bacon, sausage, egg, tomato, beans, cheese, and mushrooms all between 3 oatcakes for £2-35 and you even get a knife and fork!

I wish I'd taken a picture inside the shop, there's some that somebody else has taken here.

Castle Oatcakes
78 London Road
Newcastle
Staffordshire
ST5 1LZ

Tel: 01782 662494

Fax: 01782 662494

Comments