Big British Food Map

I spent a pleasant day today with Andrew Webb, the reporter who's writing Channel 4's Big British Food Map. The picture above shows Andrew in A T Welch's café/museum. We didn't go to Tescos, but Nantwich market do an excellent job recycling plastic bags.
If you're not familiar with the project, Andrew is travelling the length and breadth of Britain looking for interesting food and telling the stories of the people and producers that sell and serve it.

It sounds like my dream job, but I would imagine the novelty could wear off after a while.

We spent the morning in the Potteries (trying oatcakes and pikelets) and then I managed to persuade Andrew to have a look around some of the excellent shops we have in Nantwich.

I though he ought to try a Nantwich black pudding (from Andrew Jackson's Great Tasting Meat Company) before he goes to Bury!

Web: http://www.channel4.com/food/big-food-map

Comments