Handbridge - Delikate

I stumbled on Delikate when I was going to Edens of Handbridge (it's next door).

This deli gets its name from its owner Katie Hughes, who's been trading here for almost a year now. It's a pretty shop, the flyer they gave me told me they wanted to share their passion for award winning food and wine. Amongst many other things they sold speciality bread and sandwiches, dry-cured and smoked sausages and some interesting biscuits and pasta sauces.

But the reason why you must go is to get some of their amazing cupcakes. They seem to have a thing about sunflowers in this part of Handbridge, so I got some sunflower cupcakes. I also got some cupcakes decorated with flowers. They're made by Katja Seaton of Katja's Kupcakes (have a look at the gallery on her web site). Everyone I showed them to after I got home said "I can't eat that, it's a work of art!" and then ate one....
Delikate
11 Handbridge
Chester
CH4 7JE

Tel: 01244 677112












Comments

Thank You so much for sharing your blog. I am hoping one day to visit England and do some studying on food history while I am there. The information you are writing on is so very helpful to me.
Anonymous said…
stale cake, stale bread, costs too much
Anonymous said…
This really is a lovely find. I read this and went to her shop when I visited Chester. What a choice. The bread selection was delicious. As for the cakes, just like the photos, beautiful. I was struggling to choose what to have but ended up sitting in the window eating a selection of cheeses and pies upon the owner Kate's recommendation. I would highly recommend.
Pat Darke said…
What a fantastic shop. Its rather like having a miniature branch of Fortnum and Masons right here in Chester (but with much smaller price tags!) There are so many mouth watering items, and at such reasonable prices - I can only recommend a visit. Just don't expect to leave empty handed unless you have iron will power!
Anonymous said…
I know Katie and she is really lovely. I love the food here and they do the best scotch eggs. Katie sells the best food and the service is wonderful
Anonymous said…
Another up its own arse shop in Handbridge! Must be alot of rich mummies and daddies!
Not dis-similar to 'The Ship', full of la-de-dah wannabes and the owners mates.
Jim Robertson said…
The food here is wonderful ; I am seldom in Chester, but I make a point of calling in, and have never been disappointed. I am sorry that one or two others have not been satisfied, but please don't let that put you off. Usual disclaimers - and I don't even know the names of the charming staff, let alone being one of the "owner's mates !