What's wrong with what we eat?

It's my birthday today, which always makes me a bit reflective. I've been wondering about doing a post about what's in the ASDA sausage, sold for 2 pence, but I guess you can work that one out yourselves...

Last night I watched Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall persuading someone who claimed to be a vegetarian eat meat.

Yesterday I also listened to an interesting talk by Mark Bittman on what's wrong with what we eat. He told me that after energy production, livestock production is the second highest contributor to atmosphere altering gases. Nearly one fifth of all greenhouse gas is generated by livestock production - more than transportation!

Like Mark, I eat meat. His talk lasts 20 minutes, but I recommend you listen to it.

Web: http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/263

Comments