Bettys

With the prospects of 2 days decent weather we decided (like every good Yorkshire person) to go East to the Yorkshire coast.
On the way to the coast there's no shortage of decent places to get something to eat and drink.

Taylors of Harrogate (founded in 1886), are an independent family business, dedicated to the pleasures of good tea and coffee.

They've now merged with Bettys Café Tea Rooms. There are six Bettys Café Tea Rooms, two in Harrogate and two in York and one in Northallerton and this one in Ilkley.

I was going to mention that we passed though Ilkley (and it's moor) without a hat, but have been surprised how many readers I have from overseas who wouldn't understand!
Happily for them the words of "On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at" (complete with translation for people who don't speak Yorkshire) are available here.

I don't normally purchase sandwiches. I've got Yorkshire parents who taught me to look after money and resent paying £3 for a two slices of bread and some dubious cheese in a packet marked "fresh" and a best before date 4 days into the future!

However the sandwiches from Bettys (whilst not cheap) would be infinitely superior to my home made ones.

Cakes include Imperial Chocolate Torte, Fat Rascals, Yorkshire Curd Tart and Yorkshire Tea Loaf.

Bettys Café Tea Rooms
32 The Grove
Ilkley
LS29 9EE

Tel: 01943 608029

Web: http://www.bettysandtaylors.co.uk

Comments

HappyMouffetard said…
Strange coincidence - Fat Rascal is a guest blogger on a gardening blog I read - http://sea-of-immeasurable-gravy.blogspot.com/
I'd not heard of them before.
Arabella Sock said…
Ha ha! Sorry Happymouffetard I'm not stalking you - I was googling my blog to see what came up and saw this Fat Rascal link!

Fat Rascal is named in honour of Betty's Fat Rascals after a group of people visited Betty's at Harlow Carr and there was much talk of eating Fat Rascals.

Must have a look at the rest of this blog whilst I'm here.