Mold

Mold is in Wales, about 14 miles west of Chester. I always think Mold is an unfortunate name for a town. I spent some time there looking to see if there was a Mold bread shop and found it very hard not hum Lieutenant Pigeon when I found two bakers. Anyway for the record Mold originates from the Norman-French "mont-hault" (high hill).  In Welsh Mold is called Yr Wyddgrug, but I'm not sure if the Saesneg (English) can cope with Yr Wyddgrug, so I'll stick with Mold.

Mold is the first town in Wales to be welcomed into the Cittaslow network. It's best to go on a Wednesday or a Saturday when there's a market, and better still on the first Saturday of the month when there's also a farmers market.

In September it's the Mold Food & Drink Festival (this year it's on Saturday 20th and  Sunday 21st of September).

Web: http://www.moldfoodfestival.co.uk

Comments