TJ's Oatcake & Sandwich Bar

The TJ stands for Terry James, the owner's first two names. Terry Lockley's dad Jim paid £1,000 for their secret recipe in 1973!
Terry told me in the early days his father used to deliver to 25 shops, I think now they only supply three shops. At present you can buy a dozen plain oatcakes for £1.50 here, which I think is the cheapest I've seen.
TJ's Oatcake & Sandwich Bar
605 Leek Road
Hanley
ST1 3HQ

Tel: 01782 286342

Behind the shop you can see how the Potteries are changing, with large areas of houses and shops being demolished. In the middle of the picture is one of 47 remaining bottle kilns (all of them are now listed).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello there.

Many thanks for adding us to your site. Can I just let you know that the postcode is slightly wrong it is actually ST1 3HQ.

If you ever come back to S-O-T on a Friday, call in and try our new pikelets! We now do Chocolate Chip, Coconut and Pineapple!

Regards
Michelle