Suggestions Wanted

I've finally managed to get organised and book in advance a cheap rail ticket to go to London this Friday, so the question is: where should I visit in the capital?

I was hoping to go to  the Lighthouse Bakery, but gather it's changing owners.  I thought I might revisit the Patisserie Valerie in Soho, and I've never been to Borough Market.  I'm told that Moxon's is an excellent fishmongers, but am not sure if I want to carry fish all around London and then back on the train.  It might gain us some space on the journey home!  

The Independent speak highly of ESCA and The Gazzano's is also a favourite of Matthew Fort, so it must be good.

Anyway any suggestions will be gratefully received (and not just for London food shops).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Last time I was in London (2001) I went to Borough Market. Fabulous place. Definitely worth the visit then.
Bill Pearson said…
I've just discovered that Borough Market is closed this Friday :-(.
Oatcake said…
How about Neals Yard? Never been but friends have and rated it as good.