Harrods

This blog tends to favour small independent shops, but I couldn't miss out Harrods Food Hall.
It's in a grand building and you feel you could be mixing with rich and famous.
The food is fresh and the displays are stunning.
I went when the sale was on (but managed to work out that 50% off my second lobster would only mean a 25% discount on two)!  I never did found out how much they cost, my mum says if you have to ask how much something costs you probably can't afford it!
The cakes all look superb:
I've decided that pictures are better than words in this post....
The are some amazing displays like this chocolate one:
Does anyone want to sponsor this blog, I'm sure I could have got a better shot of the chocolate tortoise if I could take it home ;-).
Harrods 
87-135 Brompton Road
Knightsbridge
London
SW1X 7XL

Tel: 020 7730 1234

Comments

Anonymous said…
These cakes look truly delicious. I went to Harrods and strolled around on the bottom floor for an hour and I saw a lot of food and bakeries. I can’t say that I am an admirer of English food but the sweets they provide in this country are splendid.
For some really tasty recipes I would recommend Blueberry Ice Cream Muffins
and Pumpkin Pie.