Liverpool - The Chocolate Cellar


The Chocolate Cellar is in Liverpool ONE - Liverpool's stylish new shopping area, it's not far from John Lewis. It's essential visiting for anyone serious about chocolate! I first met owner Bala Croman at last year's Wirral Food Festival. Having talked to Bala (who was inspired by the film Chocolat), I knew this shop was going to be something different and special.

You can see (and smell) the chocolates being made

and drink a mug of real hot chocolate made with pure Belgian chocolate:
The chocolate comes on a stick, which you stir into hot milk whilst it melts into a beautiful drink:
Unfortunately my picture's not as good as this one! You can buy the sticks to do at home, they're available in white and milk, but you should go for dark (with marshmallows)!

There's chocolate cakes for any occasion:

some look too good to eat:

but I reckon most people won't be able to resist.

Their truffles are exceptional.
See if you can work out what spice they use in their Mellow Yellow truffles, which have won a Gold Great Taste Award.
Last year Bala won Best Woman in Business in the Women in Business (NW) Awards, visit the shop (or buy on-line) and you'll find out why.

They also have a Chocolate Lovers Club and run events for adults or children. Lastly, I thought I'd take a photo of a sign I spotted in the shop for all my female readers!

Since writing this I've heard that the Chocolate Cellar is to move out of Hanover Street.  Check their web site for details of when, and alternative places to buy:
http://www.thechocolatecellar.co.uk/2011/12/announcement


The Chocolate Cellar
Hanover Galleries
11-13 Hanover Street
Liverpool
L1 3DN

Tel: 0151 200 2202

Comments