Hereford

The recent bad weather means I've been stuck inside - so I've been sorting things out and have realised I went to Hereford in the autumn and never did a post!  Hereford is famous for its beef, cider and apples, and Herefordshire is one of the few counties where hops are grown and therefore should be featured in any food and drink blog!  I wasn't sure what the timber-framed building at the top of this post was called, so looked it up and found it's called "the old house"!  It was built in 1621 so that makes sense.
Hereford has a fine cathedral (dating from 1079) and just by the cathedral is the tourist information centre where I found they were particulary helpful.  There's a Herefordshire Food Trail and also a Cider Route, leaflets are available from the web link below.

Comments