Manchester - Kim's Thai Food Store

To get to Kim's you descend down some steps and you'll probably wonder where you're going!
Inside the shop is packed with all sorts of Thai Food (I'm no expert and would welcome comments on what I should buy here).  There's a good selection of fresh vegeatables.  I bought a Chinese Bitter Melon.  In China, an angry or serious face is sometimes known as a "bitter melon face." so I was intrigued (as someone who enjoys a drink called bitter) to try it.  I salted it (to reduce the bitterness) and then made some soup....

Let's just say I think it's an acquired taste!

Kim's Thai Food Store
48a George Street
Manchester
M1 4FL 

Tel: 0161 237 1555

Comments

Anonymous said…
great shop and good service . kim is a mad a pan of sand
cniebel said…
Kim's thai store has a large range of quality thai imported ingredients. All your authentic products for most thai recipes can be purchased here. I tend to buy ingredients for a thai curry here such as egg plants, kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil, ginger, lemongrass, coriander, coconut milk and imported thai curry paste. They have an amazing selection of noodles and rice, fantastic chili sauces and vegetables. Although most supermarkets stock thai ingredients they don't come near to matching the real taste of thailand that can be found in this shop..
Bill Pearson said…
Since writing this post they've moved from Charlotte Street to 48a George Street, which is just around the corner. I've updated the address.