Mellor's Oatcakes

I've already covered the Porthill branch of Mellor's Oatcakes and decided that I now ought to visit their Clayton branch.  I decided to order their all day breakfast, consisting of bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and 2 oatcakes for £2.99.
However the lady that served me was quick to point out that I could have a similar deal which involved 3 oatcakes plus bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms, - which also was for £2.99!
You would be amazed how filling 3 oatcakes can be.....  

Like all the other Staffordshire oatcake shops, Mellor's recipe is top secret - I wasn't even allowed to take photos in the shop L.  However the owner did tell me that they use free range eggs.
They also do a cheese and pepperoni oatcake!

Mellor's oatcakes are celebrating their 50th birthday this year.

Mellor's Oatcakes 
7 Cambridge Drive
Clayton 
Newcastle 
ST5 3DA 

Tel: 07977 805408

Comments