Knutton Bake & Take

Knutton is between Newcastle-under-Lyme and Silverdale.  When I first got to Knutton Bake & Take I wondered if it was going to be one of those shops that used to do oatcakes, but now buys them in, as they sell a wide range of other food.
However when I saw the baxton (literally a baking stone but today metal and heated from below by gas burners) I knew it was a proper oatcake shop!  The owner (who naturally refused to give me their recipe) told me that they don't use yeast in their oatcakes.
Knutton Bake & Take
8 High Street
Knutton
Staffordshire
ST5 6DN

Tel: 01782 866999

Comments

Lobby 'n' Oatcakes said…
Long overdue some recognition. Tasty, consistent and probably the cheapest "half a doz" around
Anonymous said…
I agree wont go anywhere else since Idiscovered this place "the home made pie" is to die for.
Anonymous said…
use the shop every weekend for 9 years food very tasty and the staff always have a smile and a word with you while they cook your food for you