Bromyard - Laming's Bakery

When I arrived in Bromyard I met a helpful lady who said I must visit the Country Market (my last post), Lamings Bakery and Legges of Bromyard (the next post).  I don't believe I could have got better advice.

Lamings Bakery was established in 1959 and still makes bread to traditional methods..
I try and avoid members of the public in my photos, so I had quite a wait in Lamings for the shop to be empty for a few seconds!  
C & C Laming 
52 High St
Bromyard
Herefordshire
HR7 4AE

Tel: 01885 483235

Comments

EB said…
How a bakery should be. I can smell it from your pictures! I went into our local baker's a few days ago to be told that they don't make loaves of bread any more, only filled rolls and sandwiches, all of which were British Rail c. 1978 style.

I heard on the radio this morning that Newent museum is closing down and all the exhibits being auctioned.
Bill Pearson said…
I hadn't heard about the Shambles :-(. I read today that they'll be selling the contents in 2,300 lots from this Newent museum. Does anyone want a box of glass eyes?

The good news is that the museum's owner, Jim Chapman will be opening a new attraction. It's called the Perry Pear Centre at Hartpury. That is clearly one for this blog.....