Ledbury - Gurneys‎

When I go to areas that I don't know that well, I check out various guides and the Internet for recommendations of places to visit.  However I'm also a big believer in talking to locals, and all the locals in Ledbury told me the same thing.  Ledbury has three butchers in the middle of the town and they're all good!  Most people seem to use all three, which I thought was rather nice.

However the shops have different specialities.  Gurneys sell local game, free range chicken and home made pies.  The one thing that everyone recommended was Gurney's faggots and they are good. 

Gurneys‎
12 High Street
Ledbury
Herefordshire
HR8 1DS‎ 

Tel: 01531 632526‎

If you're staying in Ledbury, walk up the lovely cobbled Church Lane towards the church and visit the Prince of Wales pub:

Here you can have (Gurney's) Faggots and Mash (or chips) and have change from £4.00.  You can wash it down with  a choice of five real ales, several ciders or a local perry.

Prince of Wales
Church Lane
Ledbury
Herefordshire
HR8 1DL

Tel: 01531632250

Comments

EB said…
You make me want to go to every one of the places you write about...
Emily said…
Lucky locals having three quality butchers!