Tenbury Food Festival

I visited Tenbury Wells over Easter and plan to feature it in later this blog, after I've finished Ledbury. However I was in Cleobury this weekend (for the food and ale trail) and happened to read in the local paper that Tenbury was having a food festival on Saturday, so I had to go along!
I really enjoyed this food festival, it didn't have huge queues and wasn't dominated by celebrity chefs etc. This one was simply a celebration of local food - and in this area they've got much to celebrate.

I've not come across Kelsmor Ice-cream before, it's made with Guernsey milk, I certainly will look out for it in the future.

Bewdley Brewery is situated in an old school. I was shocked to discover that their Junior School bitter is 3.4% alcohol, their Senior School bitter is 4.1 %. I bought a bottle of each to compare the difference!
Heart of England Fine Foods arranged cookery demonstrations, Carolyn Chesshire gave a demonstration on "Worcestershire on a Plate" in her own inimitable style. I was amused how she described how she replaced her Coeur a la Crème moulds with some plastic which she got from Harry Tuffins. Her husband Henry had to drill them the night before, I think their table still bears the scars!
On the 11th of July 2009, at Brampton Bryan, Carolyn Chesshire is running the Mortimer Country Food Fare. I reckon it will be worth a visit....

Comments

Emily said…
Fab! Went to Ledbury at the weekend and followed your tips! Had a great time!