Halen Môn - Anglesey Sea Salt

I've always thought salt is just salt. It's essential for life - but not in excess and I thought it tastes the same wherever it comes from. However I've learnt that a good quality sea salt does not contain additives (such as sodium hexacyanoferrate II and magnesium carbonate) but does contain many trace elements found naturally in the sea. Celebrity chefs like Jamie Oliver, Angela Hartnett and Delia Smith recommend Maldon Sea Salt, so I thought I'd feature Halen Môn or Anglesey Sea Salt.
There's a small shop where you can buy pure sea salt, oak smoked, organic celery (my favourite), organic spiced or Taha'a vanilla sea salt. The last one is made by combining Tahitian vanilla pods with pure Halen Môn, and is apparently fabulous with white fish, and shellfish, especially scallops.

Anglesey Sea Salt is literally next door to the Anglesey Sea Zoo so you can visit both together, and also do a bit of bird spotting on the Menai Straights.

The Anglesey Sea Salt Company Ltd
Brynsiencyn
Isle of Anglesey
Wales
LL61 6TQ

Tel: 01248 430871

Fax: 01248 430399



p.s Talking of salt, did you know that Nantwich has an outdoor brine pool which I think is the only inland brine pool left in the U.K.? So if you're fed up of swimming in chlorine come to Nantwich (where there's lots of good food shops as well)!

Comments