Knighton

The last time I went to Knighton was about 12 years ago, and I remember buying a Bara Brith which I thought was rather good...
I returned recently expecting this town to be full of good food shops. I could find antique shops, but struggled to find good food shops which I thought the town would be full of :-(.
I managed to find one baker (in the entrance to a supermarket).
and was told that there was a good butcher in the other supermarket:
As supermarkets go, Harry Tuffin is a bit special and one day I'll do a post on them.

However it was Knighton Farmers' Market where I found what I wanted.
It's held in the Community Centre on the second and fourth Saturday in the month.
There's locally produced meats and organically grown vegetables, Fair Trade goods, local beers & ciders and I bought some very pretty flowers.

You can also buy crafts and a young girl was playing the recorder when I called.

There's everything from Bara Brith, smoked garlic to goose eggs:
Knighton Farmers' Market
Knighton Community Centre
Bowling Green Lane
Knighton
Powys

Comments