Bridgnorth - Beaman & Sons

Bridgnorth is two towns in one: High Town and Low Town.
At the top of the hill is High Town, where the town hall and market are. Also in High Town is Beamans, a traditional butcher established in 1890.
Beaman & Sons
46 High Street
Bridgnorth
Shropshire
WV16 4DX

Tel: 01746 769139

I f you walk towards the remains of Bridgnorth Castle, you'll find the Bridgnorth Cliff Railway.
It's quite a pleasant (if steep) walk down to Low Town, but it's much more fun to go on the cliff railway:
The views over the Severn Valley were described by King Charles I in 1642 as "the finest in his domain".
The track is 201 feet long, with a rise of 111 feet.
At the bottom of the cliff railway is Low Town, and a short walk from the cliff railway is another Beamans butchers:

Besides another butcher's shop, there's also a hot carvery where you can get a hot pork of beef bap.
You can also buy home-made faggots in gravy:
Beaman & Sons
45 Underhill Street
Bridgnorth
Shropshire
WV16 4BB

Tel: 01746 767765

Comments

Anonymous said…
As a regular customer of Beamans Low Town I am very happy to recommend them. I never shop elsewhere for any of my meat with the odd exception when I'm in High Town and I will pop into Beamans High Town for the same high quality product.