Chiswick - Outsider Tart

I knew that I was going to like Outsider Tart, even before I'd gone in the shop! It recently got a mention in the Observer's Hot List 2010, and even more recently in the Times in an article about their Whoopies.

It's interesting inside the shop, but I was so busy talking about their baking I forgot to ask about these chocolatey murals!
You can have a coffee,
and a cake, including cupcakes:
but it's the Whoopie pies I'd come to see. According to the article in the Times, cupcakes are so 2009! The Whoopie pie is an Amish cake, made of two round mound-shaped pieces of cake, with a sweet, creamy frosting sandwiched between them:
They're very big in America, according to the Times article, Wicked Whoopies bake shops in Maine produce 10,000 cakes per day! Actually our family preferred some of Outsider Tart's other cakes, like their brownies with peanut butter.
They also sell bread, including sough dough:
and some very nice savoury tarts:
Outsider Tart
83 Chiswick High Road
London
W4 2EF

Tel: 0207 096 1609


Email: info@outsidertart.com

Comments