Wobbly's Oatcakes

I was a guest speaker on the RedShift Radio's Late Late Breakfast show on Thursday, talking about food blogging and oatcakes, when someone asked me how many oatcake shops there are.  I've already visited 43, but one of the listeners said that another web site had listed 46!  When I looked on the other site, I could only find 44, and I think four of them have closed down.  Anyway today I've just discovered another two J, so I reckon it's now 45 (unless you know different)?  


Brian Thornhill used to be a plasterer, and always thought Forsbrook needed an oatcake shop. When a shop came up for rent, six months ago, he decided to open Wobbly's Oatcakes....  
I arrived just before 1:30, when the shop is supposed to close, and there were still quite a few customers, so I knew these would be good oatcakes!  A single bacon and cheese costs £1.20, so you get buy a hot meal for 4 and still get change from a fiver J.  They do the usual fillings and also pepperoni and cheese or spam and cheese oatcakes. 
Brian was originally going to call his shop the Oatcake Corrall (which I thought was a great name), but Brian's friends told him he had to call it Wobbly's.  Ironically the other new shop (in Cheadle) has now called itself Oatcake Corrall.  

Many oatcake shops are closed at the beginning of the week, but Wobbly's are open Monday to Saturday.  He wanted to open on Sundays, but the council wanted £350 for change of use planning permission. As I don't think there's that much profit in oatcakes, Brian decided to open on Mondays instead.
I won't tell you why it's called Wobbly's, but if you pop in for an oatcake I'm sure Brian will tell you if you ask. 

Wobbly's Oatcakes
48 Cheadle Road
Forsbrook
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
ST11 9BX

Tel: 07999 111657

Fax: 01538 753226

Comments

Alan and Carol said…
The best oatcakes in Stoke on Trent.
Leighann Bostock said…
best oatcakes in stoke-on-Trent :)
Unknown said…
Not only the best Oatcakes in the Potteries, but you get a friendly service and they are always eager to please. Some Oatcakes I have purchased in the past don't keep for more than a day, Wobbly's will keep for two days and still taste the same (this only occurs if I can hide them from the kids). Once you have tried Wobbly's you won't want to go anywhere else.
Anonymous said…
Oatcake Corral was the name of a now defunct oatcake shop in Whieldon Road, Mount Pleasant, Fenton