Paris - Laurent Duchêne

This week I took a party of students to Paris, to a business conference.  They enjoyed listening to The Jam Boy (aka Fraser Doherty) and how he makes Super Jam.  We also had a quick trip to the Eiffel Tower and I thought it would be nice to visit a good French patisserie, but which one should I pick?


Thankfully the affable Raymond Blanc gave me the answer when I was watching his excellent Kitchen Secrets programme the week before.  Laurent Duchêne worked with Raymond Blanc for two years, and now has two shops in Paris.  Raymond's recommendation was good enough for me, but as I walked through the door I could read "Meilleur Ouvrier de France", which means Best French Pâtissier.
 Once inside I was in heaven!  
There's bread
and croissants
and I had a very nice quiche, but it's the pâtisserie that makes this shop worth a significant detour.
I bought four cakes, which I took back to the banks of the Seine.  We chopped them into four and shared them with my colleagues and everyone had a different favourite, but liked them all!
I've noticed that Raymond Blanc always seems to have a twinkle in his eye.  With cakes like this, I think I've found out why!

Laurent Duchêne
2 rue Wurtz        
75013 Paris         
France   
238 Rue de la Convention
75015 Paris
France
0033 1 45 33 85 09
      

Comments