Wakefield - Deli Central

It's been Wakefield Week all this week in this blog, I've been featuring businesses I liked when I visited the Wakefield Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb.  I've deliberately saved one of my favourites as the last one. Even before I was in the shop I was tempted by a blackboard advertising Yorkshire Blue and other delights
Inside they promoting rhubarb wine to go with their cheese, a marriage made in heaven! 
There's a good selection of cheeses here:
There's a mixture of local cheeses, like Barncliffe Brie from nearby Huddersfield, and King Richard III from Wensleydale, and some good imports from further afield.
To go with the cheese there's some attractive salads
and roast ham and beef or smoked salmon:
there's also Dumouchel breads (cheese, green olive, sun dried tomato, onion and walnut and raisin) made in Garforth, fruit or cherry scones and Fat Rascals.
Shops that offer free samples always get an extra mark off me!
As I've said before in this blog "Fruit cake without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze"!


I was particularly impressed by their Yorkshire Hall of Fame, showing the locations of their suppliers!
I wish I'd been able to stop for the evening of wine tasting served with fantastic local foods...


Deli Central
20 Northgate
The Bullring
Wakefield 
Yorkshire
WF1 3AA


Tel: 01924 365102


Web: www.deli-central.co.uk

Comments