Ludlow - The Fish House

Ludlow was one of the first places I covered when I started this blog, and it's still a food lover's paradise.
The one thing that Ludlow didn't have was a fishmongers, so I was delighted when The Fish House opened up in Ludlow.  Louise Hackney, who owns the shop with her husband Andy, is a third generation fishmonger and buys fish from relatives who wholesale fresh fish.
It's hard for a fishmonger to have local food in landlocked Shropshire, but they have managed it here with a superb hot smoked trout pâté and smoked salmon pâté from the Ludlow Traditional Smokehouse.
I happened to meet the owner of the smokehouse in the shop and he's given me an invitation to visit the smokehouse, which I'm really looking forward to.

If you can't wait until you've got home to try your seafood, you can even have a taster plate in the shop (with organic wholemeal bread from Swifts Bakery).
The Fish House

Tolsey House
51 Bullring
Ludlow
Shropshire
SY8 1AB

Tel: 01584 879790

Web: www.thefishhouseludlow.co.uk

Comments