Lincoln

I was in a bit of a hurry when I last visited Lincoln, which is a shame as it's a beautiful city which shouldn't be rushed.  My great grandfather lived in Lincoln, so I suppose if he hadn't moved I could have been a Yellowbelly.

It's got a fantastic cathedral and a street called "Steep Hill", which is very aptly named!  You can walk down it in 5 minutes and up it in 10 minutes...

I'd hoped to call at Dennetts Ice Cream Parlour:
where they sell their award winning ice-cream (made in Spilsby), but it was just before Easter and they were closed mid-week L.

I didn't have much luck at Imperial Teas:
at 47 Steep Hill, who were also closed when I went past.  It's a shame as they offer over four hundred types of tea and coffee throughout the season, and roast all of their coffee in the shop and make their own Earl Grey and flavoured teas.  A return visit is clearly required!

Apparently the one thing anyone from Lincoln really misses, if they have to move away from the area, is Curtis of Lincoln:
and their cheese straws!  They have a chain of shops in the area (I visited the Bailgate branch near the cathedral) and I have to agree they're cheap and tasty:
A W Curtis & Sons Ltd  
20 Bailgate
Lincoln
LN1 3AN

Tel: 01522 525118

Comments