Manchester - Bonbon Chocolate Boutique

I first heard about Bonbon Chocolate Boutique in Manchester Confidential, and decided I ought to pay them a visit.  Their shop:
is situated in Manchester's now highly fashionable Northern Quarter, not far from Piccadilly Gardens. You can get hot chocolate made with 56% dark chocolate (which is dairy free), with or without Aztec spice, chilli, cinnamon, mocha, orange or salted caramel. There's also freshly baked cakes from the Teacup Kitchen

There's an interesting selection of the finest chocolate:
There's artisan chocolate bars made by Rick & Michael Mast in Brooklyn.  I bought a bar of their Papua New Guinea chocolate.  This chocolate is made with smoked beans for an interesting flavour - "think hickory smoked bacon and aged Scotch"! 

There's also Rococo chocolate bars with flavours like Arabic spices, cardamon or violet. 

They sell Booja-Booja chocolate truffles, made with organic dairy-free chocolate in Norfolk:
Last, but not least, there's Sharon's own chocolates made on the premises.  A quick straw poll amongst the regulars told me I should buy some pink salted caramels:
The pecan and hazelnut salted pralines looked good.  I'd heard their chocolate coconut bar was very good - but they'd just sold the last one.  So, as a consolation, I bought my wife some chai latte, coconut and lemongrass, orange and chilli, rose and cardamom, stilton and caramel chocolates:   
Bonbon Chocolate Boutique
9 John Street
Manchester
M4 1EQ 

Tel: 0161 839 4416

Web: www.bonbonchocolate.co.uk

Comments