Glasgow - Roots Fruits & Flowers

I recently visited Glasgow and struggled to find a decent market, or good food shop, near Central Station. 

Then I discovered the Great Western Road, and what a great place that is for good food shops. 

I'll start with Roots, Fruits & Flowers, which comprises of a florist, a greengrocers:
and a wholefoods shop:
It's a wonderful business!  The greengrocers is a riot of colour:
and there was fresh asparagus and globe artichokes: 
mushrooms and fresh herbs:
The vegetables here are obviously fresh:
Next door, in the wholefoods bit, there's a small café:
They sell fresh bread from Kember & Jones
(who will also soon to be featured in this blog).

There's also a good range of organic fruit and vegetables:
if you think that turmeric is a dry, stale dusty powder - come here:
but don't blame me if you find your chopping board gets a stain on it!

On the deli counter there's good options for vegetarians and vegans:
and some nice salads.

If you've got a sweet tooth, you'll also be happy here:
Unlike the supermarkets with their unwanted BOGOFs, this shop suggests you shop daily - like they do!  I only wish I lived nearer to this lovely shop, so that I could do...  

Roots, Fruits & Flowers
451 - 457 Great Western Road
Glasgow
G12 8HH

Tel: 0141 334 3530

Web: www.rootsfruitsandflowers.com

Comments