Wilmslow - Easy Fish

Often you have to go looking to find good food shops, and Easy Fish is half a mile from what I regards is the centre of Wilmslow, in a small retail area opposite Peter Herd's Bakery.
I arrived late in the day, but they'd still got a good display of fresh fish. These hand dived dry cut scallops looked good:
and fans of mussels are well catered for, with these Shetland mussels:
They make their own fish cakes:
Spoilt for choice I went for some mackerel, which they were happy to fillet for me. I rubbed home-made harissa paste on the mackerel, grilled it and served it with Morrocan style couscous. It was delicious (and cheap). A member of my family, who doesn't normally like fish, loved it! I'm not sure though, if she's ready to tackle their spider crabs yet?
They also sell game (when in season) from Furness Fish, Poultry & Game 
As it's Burns night on Sunday, I'm sure they'll be also able to let you have some haggis to toast!

Easy Fish
74 Chapel Lane
Wilmslow
Cheshire
SK9 5JH

Tel: 01625 528931

Web: www.facebook.com/pages/Easy-Fish-Wilmslow/559555364068749

Comments