Liverpool - Matta's International Foods’

Like Liverpool itself, Matta's is a wonderful mixture of foods and cultures! It's situated on Bold Street, very close to Mogwli Street Food.
What do they sell? It would be almost easier to tell you what they didn't sell!
They sell all sorts of Arabic, African, Indian and Caribbean foods, fresh, tinned and frozen. A lot of what they sell here you won't find in supermarkets, and the items that supermarkets do sell are noticeably fresher and better quality here.
I bought a pack of Tofu for just £1.25 - and got 4 meals out of it. Do you always find your tins of coconut milk are either too big or too small? I use this coconut milk powder, and you can add as much (or as little) as you want!
 
So after I'd done my Indian cookery course with Nisha Katona, it was here I came for all my ingredients.
Some spices were over 40% cheaper than my local supermarket, and better quality. 

Matta's International Foods’
51 Bold Street
Liverpool
L1 4EU
 

Tel: 0151 709 3031

Web: www.mattas.co.uk

Comments