Notting Hill - Books For Cooks  

I don't believe it's possible to have to many cookbooks!  I've been wanting to go to Books For Cooks for a long time, and I finally manged to visit when I recently did Felicity Cloake's Food Walk around Notting Hill.
I can't think of anywhere else that's got a better selection of cookery books!
There's a lovely convivial atmosphere inside the shop.  I'd read about Books For Cooks, when I read Clarissa Dickson Wright's autobiography Spilling the Beans.  Clarissa (who later became a star as one of the Two Fat Ladies) looked after the business for several years.
It's currently run by Rosie Kindersley and Eric Treuille, who are both passionate about food. At the back there's a small dining area. From Tuesday to Saturday recipes are tested from a cookbook on the shelves, and served to customers. My one regret is that I got there too late for lunch. It's very cheap considering its central London location, and the quality of the food served. So I'll simply have to go back!

I asked what their most popular books were. This was clearly a hard question, with over 8,000 books on the shelves!  However I think it's worth giving their own Favourite Recipes from Books for Cooks series a special mention:
Books For Cooks
4 Blenheim Crescent
London
W11 1NN

Tel: 020 7221 1992

Email: info@booksforcooks.com

Comments