Llandudno - Benjamin Lee Artisan Bakery


Llandudno is a lovely place to visit and is even better now that Benjamin Lee has opened his amazing Artisan Bakery and Café. The first thing you will see is some exceptional high end French style patisserie. You could be forgiven for thinking that you were in Paris.

A sign above the bread says Salt * Flour * Water:


Real Sourdough only needs these three ingredients. Ben has been baking all his life (he previously ran Becws Mefus Artisan bakery and specialty food shop in Llangefni, Anglesey). You don't have to look far to see where the bread is being made:

it's at the back of the shop! His Sourdough is excellent (we took two loaves back, and would have bought more to freeze if we hadn't had come on the train).

His croissants are the best that I have ever had:
 

They croissants take three days to make, and Ben told me he almost cries when he's making them, as they use a huge amount of expensive butter.

Ben's wife, Dominika, runs the shop and café.  

The displays kept getting better whilst I was there, but I had to take my photos before she had finished, as queues were starting to form!  The shop also sells  bara brith, tray breaks and chocolates made by Ben (he's also a chocolatier, we tried his Remy Martin Cognac Truffles). 

They also sell quality products from other local producers, like coffee from Heartland Coffee, different mustards from Goetre Farm Preserves and jam, honey and lemon curd from chef Bryn Williams. It's a great place to get some nice gifts.

Whenever I stay in chain hotels, I tend to go elsewhere for breakfast. I don't want to eat something that was cooked before I got up, and kept luke warm.    

So I was delighted to eat here, I had a Croissant with Ham and Emmental Cheese, which was lovely.



Benjamin Lee Artisan Bakery
21 Mostyn Avenue
Llandudno
LL30 1YS

Tel: 07774 545146

Comments