Millets Farm Shop

I tend to avoid outlet villages. In the past I've had many bargains from factory shops, but there now seems to be a new breed, which are some what divorced from any production facility. They seem to sell goods bought in specially for the shop, e.g. clothes in garish colours etc.

Anyway I nearly didn't visit the shops when I went Evesham Country Park. Evesham Country Park is at the Northern end of the Evesham by-pass (A46) at it’s junction with the Stratford Road.
However I was glad I did. A new farm shop has just opened there and I was greeted outside by the owner who was handing out apple juice from his own orchards.

They grow nine traditional varieties of apple, plus two pear varieties, in their orchards.

The first thing you see when you enter the shop is a dazzling display of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables.

The owners already have a farm centre on the A415 between Abingdon and Witney in Oxfordshire, and clearly know what they are doing.

There's a bakery, with attractive bread, cakes and pastries.

You can buy fruit pies, and layered tarts.

There's a drinks section selling wines and a good selection of local beers ciders and other drinks.

I was surprised to find an attractive fish counter with a good selection of fresh fish.

There's also a traditional butchery department offering sausage and burgers and a wide range of different cuts.

They also sell pork pies.

As with most of the shops in this blog, all the staff were pleasant and helpful.

There was a good selection of jams, preserves and honey including lavender honey

I shall make a point of visiting their other premises (which also has a Craft Gallery, Maize Maze and Farm Zoo) when I'm next in Oxfordshire.

Millets Farm Shop
Evesham Country park
Evesham
Worcestershire
WR11 4TP

Tel: 01386423970

Web: http://www.milletsfarmcentre.com

Comments