Chin Chin Club Soho

I've been wanting to visit Chin Chin Labs, in Camden Lock Place, ever since I'd first heard about them.  Anyone who uses liquid nitrogen to make their ice cream, is clearly very serious about what they do and before I'd tried it I knew that it would be extraordinarily smooth. 

I was delighted to find that they've now branched out and have a branch in Hawker House (a large indoor global street food market) and now they've just opened a branch in Soho! 
I wasn't expecting to be given a menu when I arrived. There's cakes and cookies (served with ice cream), pies and ice cream cake (served by the slice and brûléed to order) and ice cream sandwiches and creations!
When we called, we had the difficult decision of whether to go for Tonka Bean, Burnt Butter Caramel, Roasted Chocolate, Pistachio & Rose Jam, Raspberry & Lychee, Grilled Peach (vegan), Avocado & Fried Corn, or Strawberry & Hay ice cream! 

I thought these cakes looked quite nice:
But, at the last minute, was persuaded to buy one of these attractive pink cakes:
which I only later discovered was called a "Titty Cake"! Well I suppose this is Soho...

It was very quickly transformed and demolished:
The toppings:
Bee Pollen Honeycomb (gluten free), Grilled White Chocolate (gluten free), House Whipped Cream (gluten free), Matcha Crumble, Fleur de sel Caramel Sauce (gluten free), Hazelnut Sand, Truffle Crumble, Chocolate Fudge Sauce, Tres leches cake cubes (vegan), Pistachio & Cardamom Powder, (vegan and gluten free), Raspberry sauce (vegan and gluten free), Fried Corn (vegan and gluten free), and Marshmallow Ruff are as unique as the ice cream!

This is all put together by their weird and wonderful staff:
If you're lucky enough to be able to get some of their ice cream home, before it melts, (or have a very big appetite for their lovely ice cream) there's also a freezer with tubs in:
They are open every day until quite late.

This place is quite mad - and I love it!


Chin Chin Club Soho 
54 Greek Street
London
W1D 3DS

Tel: 07885 604284

Web: www.chinchinlabs.com

Comments